Enjoy reading these Alien quotes from the science-fiction film franchise.
Alien is a science-fiction horror/action media franchise centered on the film series which depicts warrant officer Ellen Ripley, played by Sigourney Weaver. This role helped launch Sigourney Weaver’s Hollywood career.
The story chronicles her battles with an extraterrestrial life-form, the Xenomorph, which is commonly referred to as “the Alien.” The first of the eight movies in the series premiered in 1979. There are Alien quotes from some of our favorite characters, including Ellen Ripley on this list, pulled from most of the movies in the series.
Alien was produced and distributed by 20th Century Studios and directed by Ridley Scott. Next came Aliens in 1986 and was directed by James Cameron. The next two movies were released in the 90s, with Alien 3 (1992) being directed by David Fincher.
Jean-Pierre Jeunet directed Alien Resurrection in 1997. If you are wondering which order to watch the movies in, or where you can stream the series, then keep reading!
Don’t forget to also check out these Men in Black quotes from the Sci-Fi comedy series.
Alien quotes from Ellen Ripley
1. “That’s plenty. What does it mean?” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien
2. Ellen Ripley: You also forgot the science division basic quarantine law.
Ash: No, that I didn’t forget. Alien
3. “Ash. When Dallas and Kane are off the ship, I’m senior officer.” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien
4. “That’s a pretty big risk for a science officer. It’s, uh, not exactly out of the manual, is it?” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien
5. “Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew, Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash, and Captain Dallas, are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed.” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien
6. “This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien
7. “I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.” ― Ellen Ripley, Aliens
8. “We’d better get back ’cause it’ll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night… mostly.” ― Ellen Ripley, Aliens
9. “You know, Burke, I don’t know which species is worse.” ― Ellen Ripley, Aliens
10. “They cut the power.” ― Ellen Ripley, Aliens
11. “Well, someone’s gonna have to go down there, take a portable transmitter, and patch in.” ― Ellen Ripley, Aliens
Alien quotes from Private Hudson, Ash, and Corporal Dwayne Hicks
12. “Maybe I should have left him outside. Maybe I’ve jeopardized the rest of us, but it was a risk I was willing to take.” ― Ash, Alien
13. “Bring back life form. Priority one. All other priorities rescinded.” ― Ash, Alien
14. “Well, as I said, I’m still… collating, actually, but uh, I have confirmed that he’s got an outer layer of protein polysaccharides. Has a funny habit of shedding his cells and replacing them with polarized silicon, which gives him a prolonged resistance to adverse environmental conditions. Is that enough?” ― Ash, Alien
15. “That’s it man, game over man, game over!” ― Private William Hudson, Aliens
16. “What do you mean ‘THEY cut the power?’ How could they cut the power, man? They’re animals!” ― Private William Hudson, Aliens
17. Private William Hudson: Man, this floor’s freezing.
Sergeant Apone: What do you want me to do, fetch your slippers for you?
Private William Hudson: Gee, would you, sir? I’d like that.
Sergeant Apone: Look into my eye. Aliens
18. “We’re on an express elevator to hell—going down!” ― Private William Hudson, Aliens
19. Private William Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Private Jenette Vasquez: No, have you?” Aliens
20. Private William Hudson: Yeah, sure, with those things running around? You can count me out.
Corporal Dwayne Hicks: Well, I guess we can count you out of everything then. Aliens
21. Private William Hudson: Is this going to be a standup fight, sir, or another bug hunt?
Lieutenant Scott Gorman: All we know is that there is still is no contact with the colony and that a Xenomorph may be involved.
Private Ricco Frost: Excuse me, sir, a what?
Lieutenant Scott Gorman: A xenomorph.
Corporal Dwayne Hicks: It’s a bug hunt. Aliens
Alien 3 quotes
22. “We’re all gonna’ die. The only question is how you check out. Do you want it on your feet, or on your f***in’ knees… begging.” ― Dillon, Alien3
23. “When they first about heard of this thing, it was ‘Crew Expendable’; the next time they sent in marines, they were expendable too. What makes you think they are going to care about a group of criminals who found God at the end of the universe?” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien3
24. “You’ve been in my life so long, I can’t remember anything else.” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien3
25. “I’m telling you, it’s here!” ― Ellen Ripley, Alien3
Which of these Alien quotes is your favorite?
You should watch the Alien movies in this order:
- Alien Vs Predator
- Alien Vs Predator-Requiem
- Prometheus (which takes place 90 years after the events of AVP and AVPR)
- Alien: Covenant (takes place about a decade after Prometheus)
- Alien (is set in 2122)
- Aliens (takes place decades after Alien)
- Alien 3
- Alien Resurrection (takes place hundreds of years after the end of Alien 3)
Ridley Scott reprised his role as director in the prequel series, composed of Prometheus (2012) and Alien: Covenant (2017). These films follow the adventures of the David 8 android and the creators of the eponymous creatures referred to as the “Engineers.” The only problem with watching the films in the story’s order is that the visual effects will be killer in AVP and AVPR, and not so great when you get to Alien.
The series spawned novels, comics, video games, and even a television series. The series has been incredibly profitable with Prometheus alone pulling in a lifetime gross of over $126 million.
What is your favorite thing about Alien? Do you have any other Alien quotes and sayings to add? Use the comment section below to let us know.