Everybody loves our favorite creepy, spooky, and kooky family, The Addams Family. And that’s why we love our collection of Addams Family quotes from the classic ‘90s films, The Addams Family and Addams Family Values.
The mysterious Addams Family originated as a comic strip in 1938, created by cartoonist, Charles Addams. In the last 83 years, we’ve seen Gomez and Morticia’s macabre romance develop in the 1960s television show, watched Wednesday and Pugsley’s kooky antics in the ‘90s movies, and become closer to the entire spooky family in the more recent animated movie.
So throw your witch’s shawl on and prepare to dive into the land of the grim and ghastly with these spine-chilling Addams Family quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these ‘Friends’ quotes from the hit 90’s sitcom.
Classic Addams Family Values quotes from Wednesday, Morticia, Gomez, and others
1. “Nobody gets out of the Bermuda Triangle, not even for a vacation. Everyone knows that.” — Wednesday
2. “Sweet Oblivion, open your arms!” — Wednesday (in Hamlet)
3. “Thing, you’re a handful.” — Morticia
4. “Smell that air, Fester! Like a tomb.” — Gomez
5. “It was just a party. It’s over. It means nothing.” — Uncle Fester
6. “It’s so sweet. He looks just like a little entrée.” — Morticia
7. “A-ha! Showtime!” — Gomez
8. “Woe to the Republic.” — Wednesday
9. “I don’t want to be in the pageant.” — Wednesday
10. “Spirits above me, give me a sign. Shall I be joyous… or shall I be damned?” — Gomez
11. “Wednesday, look at all of the other children, their freckles, their bright little eyes, their eager, friendly smiles. Help them.” — Morticia
12. “Sometimes, late at night…I remember how [Debbie] used to turn to me and say, ‘Jesus, Fester, go back to your room!’” — Fester
13. “Your work is puerile and under-dramatized. You lack any sense of structure, character, and the Aristotelian unities.” — Wednesday
14. “We don’t hug.” — Wednesday
15. “I’m not perky.” — Wednesday
16. “You have gone too far. You have married Fester, you have destroyed his spirit, you have taken him from us. All that I could forgive. But Debbie… Pastels?” — Morticia
17. “Two, ten, eleven. Eyes, fingers, toes!” — Gomez
Kooky Addams Family quotes
18. “I’m just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It’s just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade. ” — Morticia
19. “So I-I killed. So I maimed. So I destroyed one innocent life after another. Aren’t I a human being? Don’t I yearn, and ache, and shop? Don’t I deserve love… and jewelry?” — Debbie Jellinsky
20. “You have enslaved him. You have placed Fester under some strange sexual spell. I respect that. But please, may we see him?” — Morticia
21. “Gomez, take those out of his mouth.” — Morticia
22. “Salt, pepper, or cyanide?” — Morticia
23. “An open grave. It was my first funeral.” — Morticia
24. “Do you think that when a new baby arrives, one of the other children has to die?” — Morticia
25. “Marvelous news. I’m going to have a baby. Right now.” — Morticia
Which Addams Family member is your favorite?
Despite their peculiar demeanor, the Addams Family is a loveable crew with family at the core of their values.
Morticia is a loving mother with a terrifically gothic sense of homemaking. Gomez is dashingly debonair. Wednesday is hysterically terrifying and her older brother, Pugsley is totally devious.
Grandmama is mysteriously witchy and Uncle Fester is entirely bizarre. Lurch and Thing are fully supportive members of the team and Cousin Iit is as sweet as can be.
You’ll never find a kookier, spookier brood than this!
We hope you enjoyed these Addams Family quotes and lines. Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.