Look at the popular Disney villain in a new light with these Cruella quotes.
Cruella is a crime comedy film based on the 1956 novel The Hundred and One Dalmatians. It stars one of the crowd’s favorites, Emma Stone.
This film is a reboot of the film series, which focuses on the life story and character development of the iconic cartoon villain, Cruella de Vil.
This film gave a balanced story and humanized the character of Cruella, and painted her as a villain that we can empathize with.
The series of misfortunes and cruelty that Cruella experienced in her early childhood gave birth to the villain that we know of today.
These Cruella quotes will make you see life from a different perspective.
Don’t forget to also check out these Kim Possible quotes from your favorite crime-fighting Disney hero
Cruella quotes that will make you empathize with her
1. “From the very beginning I’ve always made a statement. Not everyone appreciated that. But I wasn’t for everyone.” — Cruella
2. “From an early age, I realized I saw the world differently than everyone else.” — Cruella
3. “How does the saying go? ‘I am woman. Hear me roar.’ Well, that wasn’t much of a thing back in 1964, but it was about to be.” — Cruella
4. “You could say I pretty much roared my way through all of primary school. Almost.” — Cruella
5. “Being a genius is one thing. Raising a genius, however, does come with its challenges.” — Cruella
6. “I had no idea where I was, or what it was. I just knew that for the first time in my life, I felt like I belonged.” — Cruella
7. “There are no words. It was my fault. I had killed my mother. And in that moment, the best I could think to do was run.” — Cruella
8. “Sad story. Genius girl turns into stupid girl who gets her mother killed, and ends up alone. But a new day brings new opportunities, or at least a couple of petty thieves. Horace and Jasper.” — Cruella
9. “Horace was generally annoying. Jasper was the insightful one. Which was also annoying. And Wink was just plain friendly. Again, annoying. But they were a better option than being in jail.” — Cruella
10. “I was a fugitive.” — Cruella
11. “Granted, being a thief is not exactly a mother’s dream, but she was gone.” — Cruella
12. “Don’t worry, we’re just getting started. There’s lots more bad things coming. I promise.” — Cruella
Cruella quotes that will make your day
13. “It’s funny how those happy accidents can change the whole direction of your life. Although, looking back, “happy” may be the wrong word.” — Cruella
14. “Before I even knew it, ten years had passed. You could even say we had made a home for ourselves. We were like a family. A family that’s good at stealing stuff. Really, really good.” — Cruella
15. “But as good as things were, I felt I was meant for more in this life. That my mum would have wanted more for me. I just didn’t know what.” — Cruella
16. “That seems uncalled for. I believe that lurking underneath that starchy, half-size-too-small, bum-clencher of a suit, lies a kind man who wants to give a brilliant kid another shot.” — Cruella
17. “The Baroness said she thinks I’m something. I think that’s good. Everything’s going so well, mum. I’m really trying to be the Estella that you wanted. Mostly. It’s working. I just wish you were here to see it.” — Cruella
18. “My mother hadn’t failed dismally, I had. And I wasn’t going to fail her again.” — Cruella
19. “I’m really trying to be the Estella that you wanted, mostly. It’s working, I just wish you were here to see it.” — Cruella
20. “Wreaking havoc at galas is my personal specialty.” — Cruella
21. “Estella can’t go to the ball. I know someone who can.” — Cruella
22. “They say there are 5 stages of grief, denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Well I’d like to add one more. Revenge.” — Cruella
23. “Didn’t I just say hear me roar?” — Cruella
24. “Truth is I did escalate things.” — Cruella
25. “Sorry, slight tone delivery problem.” — Cruella
Which of these Cruella quotes is your favorite?
The rise of film reboots that shines on the other side of villains and antagonists is a huge success in connecting to general audiences.
This reminds us that life is not all about black and white, and there are always other sides of the story. Human action is always driven by logic and emotions.
In this film, we get to see the reason for Cruella’s hate for dalmatians and why she became a fashion designer. Watch this film now and experience the top-level acting of Emma Stone and how she gave life to one of the most iconic cartoon villains in history.
As always, you can get back to these Cruella quotes and sayings whenever you need to get a fierce perspective, just like Cruella.