Looking for inspirational Jim Rohn quotes?
Jim Rohn (born Emanuel James “Jim” Rohn on September 17, 1930) was an author, motivational speaker, and entrepreneur who became famous for sharing his business philosophy.
How Jim Rohn Got His Start
Rohn started his working days as a stock clerk for Sears, the department store. Soon afterward, a friend took him to a lecture done by entrepreneur John Earl Shoaff. In 1955, Shoaff’s AbundaVita direct selling business added Rohn to their team as a distributor. He resigned two years later and joined another direct selling company, Nutri-Bio – also owned by Shoaff.
Shoaff started to mentor Rohn, and the founders of the organization chose Rohn to be the vice president. When Nutri-Bio went out of business in the early 1960s, Rohn began speaking at meetings of his Rotary Club.
Soon after, people began asking him to speak at luncheons and other events. His first public seminar was in 1963 at the Beverly Hills Hotel. He began making a career of giving seminars all over the country, teaching people his personal development philosophy and as well as telling them his life story.
In the 1970s, he did seminars for Standard Oil while also participating in a business devoted to personal development called “Adventures in Achievement.” He presented his seminars all over the world over the course of more than 40 years.
In his older years, he wrote books, such as: My Philosophy For Successful Living, and The Art of Exceptional Living. Rohn also mentored motivational speakers like Tony Robbins and Mark R. Hughes. He died on December 5, 2009.
Jim Rohn Quotes about Success and Happiness
1. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn
2. “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” – Jim Rohn
3. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
4. “Those who will not read are no better off than those who cannot read.” – Jim Rohn
5. “You have two choices: You can make a living, or you can design a life.” – Jim Rohn
6. “Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.” – Jim Rohn
7. “Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.” – Jim Rohn
8. “You cannot make progress without making decisions.” – Jim Rohn
9. “The few who do are the envy of the many who watch.” – Jim Rohn
10. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn
Check out our list of David Goggins quotes that will inspire you to overcome whatever you may be going through.
Unforgettable Jim Rohn Quotes on Goals and Character
11. “If you want to be a leader who attracts quality people, the key is to become a person of quality yourself.” – Jim Rohn
12. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
13. “You cannot change your destination overnight. But you can change your direction.” – Jim Rohn
14. “If you just communicate, you can get by. But if you communicate skillfully, you can work miracles.” – Jim Rohn
15. “You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.” – Jim Rohn
16. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
17. “Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot.” – Jim Rohn
18. “Effective communication is 20 percent what you know and 80 percent how you feel about what you know.” – Jim Rohn
19. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
20. “There are only three colors, 10 digits, and 7 notes; its what we do with them that’s important.” – Jim Rohn
21. “Your philosophy determines whether you will go for the disciplines or continue the errors.” – Jim Rohn
22. “You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.” – Jim Rohn
23. “Failure is simply a few errors in judgment, repeated every day.” – Jim Rohn
24. “Character isn’t something you were born with and can’t change, like your fingerprints. It’s something you weren’t born with and must take responsibility for forming.” – Jim Rohn
25. “We generally change ourselves for one of two reasons: inspiration or desperation.” – Jim Rohn
Which Jim Rohn quotes are your favorite?
Jim Rohn‘s life story and rise to success is proof that there’s nothing we can’t achieve if we only set our mind to it.
But more than becoming a great entrepreneur, speaker, and author, he also made a point to give back to society. Never forget those who helped you along the way. Carve your own path by helping others as well.
Use these inspirational Jim Rohn quotes to remind you to work hard for your dreams everyday.