The Big Bang Theory quotes below show some of the most memorable moments from the popular television show.
The Big Bang Theory ran for an incredible 12 seasons. Some thought the premise of the show was unlikely to be a hit in the beginning.
And while the first season had somewhat of mixed reviews, it only continued to grow in popularity as the seasons went on.
The show followed a group of friends including Sheldon and Leonard who were both physicists along with aerospace engineer Howard and Raj who is an astrophysicist.
The “geeky” group of friends end up meeting Penny, an aspiring actress when she moves into the apartment building Leonard and Sheldon live in.
It’s an unlikely group of friends that make for some hilarious storylines as you’ll see in The Big Bang Theory quotes below.
Don’t forget to also check out these Good Girls quotes that give a fresh take on the old crime dramas.
The Big Bang Theory quotes by Sheldon Cooper
1. “I am not crazy, my mother had me tested.” — Sheldon Cooper
2. “Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch.” — Sheldon Cooper
3. “I often forget other people have limitations. It’s so sad.” — Sheldon Cooper
4. “Feelings? What am I? A hippy at a love-in?” — Sheldon Cooper
5. “I would have been here sooner but the bus kept stopping for other people to get on it.” — Sheldon Cooper
6. “The only way she’d be able to make a contribution to science is if they resume sending chimps into space.” — Sheldon Cooper
7. “I’m exceedingly smart. I graduated college at fourteen. While my brother was getting an STD, I was getting a Ph.D. Penicillin can’t take this away.” — Sheldon Cooper
8. “There’s no denying that I have feelings for you that can’t be explained in any other way. I briefly considered that I had a brain parasite, but that seems even more far-fetched. The only conclusion was love.” — Sheldon Cooper
9. “I’d like to take a moment to personally thank Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler, who you may or may not know is the first woman to co-host a flag or banner related Internet infotainment show.” — Sheldon Cooper
10. “Physics answers the question, ‘What is the nature of the universe?’ Geology answers the question, ‘What’d I just trip over?’” — Sheldon
11. “I’m sorry, coffee’s out of the question. When I moved to California I promised my mother that I wouldn’t start doing drugs.” — Sheldon Cooper
12. “Well, this is confusing for me. But I don’t want to stand in the way of your happiness. So, I will condemn you internally while maintaining an outward appearance of acceptance.” — Sheldon Cooper
13. “Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.” — Sheldon Cooper
14. “I know the real reason you never made progress with that idea. You thought of it September 22nd, 2007. Two days later, Penny moved in and so much blood rushed to your genitals, your brain became a ghost town.” — Sheldon Cooper
15. “This seat is ideally located both in relation to the heat source in the winter and a cross breeze in the summer. It also faces the television at a direct angle allowing me to immerse myself in entertainment or game play without being subjected to conversation. As a result, I’ve placed it in a state of eternal dibs.” — Sheldon
The Big Bang Theory quotes by Leonard
16. “I am the king of the nerds.” — Leonard
17. “People get things they don’t deserve all the time. Like me with you.” — Leonard
18. “Penny. We are made of particles that have existed since the moment the universe began. I like to think those atoms traveled fourteen billion years through time and space to create us, so that we could be together and make each other whole.” — Leonard
19. “Merry Newton-mas everyone.” — Leonard
20. “12 years after high school and I’m still at the nerd table.” — Leonard
21. “Sometimes your movements are so lifelike I forget you are not a real boy.” — Leonard
22. “That’s the great thing about California, you can almost go to the mountains and almost go to the beach on the same day.” — Leonard
The Big Bang Theory quotes by Bernadette
23. “You better find my husband’s mother, ’cause one way or another we’re walking out of this airport with a dead woman.” — Bernadette
24. “I’m glad I got that mocha. And you know what else I’m glad about? I bought you a brownie and I ate it in the car!” — Bernadette
25. “I told you you shouldn’t have espresso after dinner. I know the little cups make you feel big but it’s not worth it.” — Bernadette
Which of these The Big Bang Theory quotes is your favorite?
As the seasons continued, the friend group added in Howard and Sheldon’s love interests, Amy Farrah Fowler and Bernadette. They fit well into the group dynamic and add even more laughs.
The show wrapped up after the 12th season. It’s one of few shows that end in a way that many people were happy with.
The show wrapped up while letting you know exactly what was going on in the life of the characters and you could feel like all would be well.
If you’ve never watched the series but enjoyed The Big Bang Theory quotes and lines above, you can add the show to your must-watch list. If you’re already a fan of the show, what was your favorite episode?