These Ratched quotes will draw you into the series.
Ratched is a psychological thriller TV series streaming on Netflix. It is actually a prequel to the 1975 film “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”.
The series revolves around the story of Mildred Ratched, a nurse in a leading asylum in Northern California.
The practice of mind and brain treatment is fairly new at this time and horrific experiments are being performed on psychiatric patients.
Mildred presents herself as the ideal nurse for the asylum and begins her way of infiltrating the system in place and those within it.
Behind her stylish and upright attitude, there’s a creeping darkness within her eyes, a remnant of abuse and violence.
These amazing Ratched quotes will make you want to rewatch this series.
Don’t forget to also check out these Broadchurch quotes from the British drama series.
Ratched quotes from Mildred Ratched
1. “Save one life, and you’re a hero. Save 100 lives, well then, you’re a nurse.” — Mildred Ratched
2. “All I was guilty of, was showing these men mercy when no one else would.” — Mildred Ratched
3. “I believe there are some things that are worse to feel than simply feeling nothing.” — Mildred Ratched
4. “He wasn’t born a monster. Somebody turned him into one.” — Mildred Racthed
5. “We had a saying in the Core, ‘Save one life, and you’re a hero. Save 100 lives, well then, you’re a nurse.’” — Mildred Ratched
6. “You should bathe more often. You’re fingernails are filthy.” — Mildred Ratched
7. “Do you believe the human mind can be cured?” — Mildred Ratched
8. “Search yourself and I think you’ll realize it would be wise to do what I ask.” — Mildred Ratched
9. “Oh Edmund, what have you done?” — Mildred Ratched
10. “I don’t feel quite free from the past the way you might.” — Mildred Ratched
11. “Do you have scat throwers here? Patients who throw their feces?” — Mildred Ratched
12. “If there is one thing I’ve learned Doctor, it’s that life can be quite unpredictable.” — Mildred Ratched
13. “Let’s pretend we are husband and wife and we just had a fight.” — Mildred Ratched
14. “Tell him this town is poison and you want to get as far away from it as possible.” — Mildred Ratched
15. “You are going to spend the rest of your life here because your family never wants to see you again.” — Mildred Ratched
16. “My mother gave this to me on the morning of my first communion. And I want you to have it so you know there is another child of God out there who is praying for you.” — Mildred Ratched
17. “Oh look, my peach.” — Mildred Ratched
18. “I feel as if I have seen the future.” — Mildred Ratched
19. “Monterey is nothing but longshoremen and morphine addicts trying to sell their poetry.” — Mildred Ratched
Ratched quotes from Edmund Tolleson
20. “You’ve given me more life than I ever deserved.” — Edmund Tolleson
21. “I’m probably the least scariest man you’ve ever met.” — Edmund
22. “I kind of like that part. I like feeling them soap up my balls.” — Edmund
23. “It’s been a long time since I’ve kissed a woman.” — Edmund
Ratched quotes from Louise
24. “I’d let him sink his teeth into me and suck me dry.” — Louise
25. “I don’t tolerate fornication in my hotel, especially when it’s out of wedlock.” — Louise
Which of these Ratched quotes is your favorite?
Ratched became a successful hit and many are waiting for its second season. The amazing portrayal of Mildred Ratched gave life to the series and amplified the impact of the story making it digestible and exciting to watch.
This series tackles the condition of mental asylums back in the 80s and 90s where patients are treated like lab rats and living in horrific conditions.
Furthermore, the background story of Mildred reveals how true monsters are made, not born. This series shows how vital childhood is and that it is essential to protect the welfare of children.
Share these Ratched quotes and sayings with a friend while you are waiting for the next season.