If you can’t get enough Star Trek, you’ll love these Spock quotes.
If you’ve never seen the popular Sci-Fi media franchise Star Trek then you probably aren’t familiar with Spock. Star Trek began as a television show in the 1960s which eventually led to comic books, books, spinoffs, and more than a dozen films. The franchise developed a cult-like following with fans identifying as Trekkies or trekkers.
Spock is one of the main characters from the original and is popular with the fans. He is an officer (of different ranks as the series progresses) that is part human and part Vulcan. You can learn more about him through these Spock quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these Star Trek quotes that will help you go where no man has before
Spock Quotes About Truth and Emotions
1. “Insufficient facts always invite danger.” – Spock
2. “Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.” – Spock
3. “You’re the captain of this ship. You haven’t the right to be vulnerable in the eyes of the crew. You can’t afford the luxury of being anything less than perfect. If you do, they lose faith and you lose command.” – Spock
4. “Has it occurred to you that there is a certain…inefficiency in constantly questioning me on things you’ve already made up your mind about?” – Spock
5. “I fail to comprehend your indignation, sir. I have simply made the logical deduction that you are a liar.” – Spock
6. “Superior ability breeds superior ambition.” – Spock
7. “Change is the essential process of all existence.” – Spock
8. “Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled.” – Spock
9. “Insults are effective only where emotion is present.” – Spock
10. “Emotions are alien to me. I’m a scientist.” – Spock
11. “Many ‘myths’ are based on truth.” – Spock
12. “You find it easier to understand the death of one than the death of a million.” – Spock
Spock Quotes About Good and Evil
13. “Without followers, evil cannot spread.” – Spock
14. “May I point out that I have gotten a chance to examine your counterparts closely. They are brutal, savage, uncivilized, and illogical. They are in every way examples of Homo sapiens, the very flower of humanity.” – Spock
15. “You Earth people glorified organized violence for forty centuries. But you imprison those who employ it privately.” – Spock
16. “Madness has no purpose. Or reason. But it may have a goal.” – Spock
17. “Where there’s no emotion, there’s no motive for violence.” – Spock
18. “Evil does seek to maintain power by suppressing the truth.” – Spock
19. “It would be illogical to kill without reason.” – Spock
20. “Violence, in reality, is quite different from theory.” – Spock
21. “I have been and always shall be your friend.” – Spock
Spock Quotes About Journey and Discoveries
22. “Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life-forms and new civilizations; to boldly go where no one has gone before.” – Spock
23. “Computers make excellent and efficient servants, but I have no wish to serve under them.” – Spock
24. “Fascinating is a word I use for the unexpected, in this case, I would think interesting would suffice.” – Spock
25. “If we start buzzing about down there, we’re liable to find their mental power is so great they could reach out and swat this ship as though it were a fly.” – Spock
Which of these Spock Quotes is your favorite?
At first sight, Star Trek might seem like nothing more than a sci-fi storyline of interesting characters. But in reality, there has always been more to the show than that. There are allegories all throughout that work to speak to real-world situations that were going on.
There was a progressive message weaved throughout the stories to speak to the counter-culture that was developing during the time period when the original series came out. While the network either didn’t care or didn’t catch on, many fans did.
But whether they liked the hidden tales and lessons or just enjoyed watching the experiences and adventures of outer space, Star Trek has been and will continue to be popular amongst a growing fan base.
Did you enjoy reading these Spock quotes and sayings? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.