These Starship Troopers quotes come from the original movie as well as those in the series.
Starship Troopers, the 1997 American military science fiction action film, was directed by Paul Verhoeven and written by Edward Neumeier.
The movie was based on Robert A. Heinlein’s 1959 novel of the same name. There are several movies in the franchise, but only the first one was theatrically released.
The two live-action direct sequels, Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation (2004) and Starship Troopers 3: Marauder (2008). Two computer-animated films followed, Starship Troopers: Invasion (2012) and Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars (2017).
The movie received negative reviews from critics at first and did not fare well at the box office, grossing a total of $121.2 million worldwide, against a budget of $105 million.
However, as time has gone by it has received a more positive reception, with many critics praising the film’s political satire.
The story chronicles the adventures of a young soldier, Johnny Rico, a member of the Mobile Infantry, a futuristic military unit.
Keep reading for more out-of-this-world Starship Trooper quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these Lost in Space quotes to inspire Sci-Fi fans everywhere
Starship Troopers quotes from the first movie
1. “I’m from Buenos Aires and I say, KILL ‘EM ALL!” ― Johnny Rico
2. “This is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don’t do your job, I’ll shoot you myself. Do you get me?” ― Johnny Rico
3. “Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?” ― Johnny Rico
4. “Someone asked me once if I knew the difference between a civilian and a citizen. I know now. A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility. Dizzy was my friend. She was a soldier. But more than that, she was a citizen of the Federation.” ― Johnny Rico
5. “I need a corporal. You’re it until you’re dead or I find someone better.” ― Lieutenant Jean Rasczak
6. “I expect the best and I give the best. Here’s the beer. Here’s the entertainment. Have fun. That’s an order.” ― Lieutenant Jean Rasczak
7. “We’ve got one of their Brains now. Pretty soon we’ll know how they think.” ― Carl Jenkins
8. “One day it will all be over. And everyone will forget that this was the moment. This was when it turned. It wasn’t the mighty fleet, it wasn’t some fancy new weapon. It was a drill instructor named Zim, who captured a brain.” ― Carl Jenkins
9. “We must meet this threat with our valor, our blood, indeed with our very lives to ensure that human civilization, not insect, dominates this galaxy now and always!” ― Sky Marshall Diennes
10. “One day, someone like me is going to kill you and your whole fucking race!” ― Lt. Zander Barcalow
Starship Troopers quotes from Starship Troopers: Hero of the Federation
11. “Murderers don’t go home.” ― Captain Dax
12. “No…They’ve got places for things like you…Special places…Where they cut you up, but they keep you alive when they cut you up, so they can see what makes you tick. so they can see what makes you sick. yeah…and I’ll be there.” ― Lt. Pavlov Dill
13. Lt. Pavlov Dill: “I’ll see you hanged!”
Captain Dax: “Just so long as it’s regulation rope.”
14. “But in truth, you are born insane. And such misery, cannot be allowed to spread.” ― Gen. J. G. Shepherd
15. Sgt. Dede Rake: “Wow, look what the cat drug in.”
Gen. J. G. Shepherd: “Ha ha, you should see that damned cat.”
16. “Our war’s going better than ever, but we need heroes! We need you!” ― Fednet
17. “Dax. More than a soldier. Not just a man. A hero of the Federation. He gave his life so we can fight.” ― Fednet
18. “Poor creatures. Why must we destroy you? I’ll tell you why. Order, is the tide of creation, but yours is a species, that worships the one over the many.” ― Gen. J. G. Shepherd
Starship Troopers quotes from Starship Troopers: Marauder
19. “You know what to do: Get in there and kill ’em all!” ― Johnny Rico
20. “Are you ready for Marauder? Join the Mobile Infantry and see if you have what it takes to be a citizen. See you on the bounce, trooper!” ― Johnny Rico
21. Link Manion: “The sky marshall’s coming here?”
Johnny Rico: “Ask him for an autograph, Lieutenant Manion, and I will have you shot.”
22. Lola Beck: “We’re f***ed.”
Jingo Ryan: “Yeah. That’s exactly what I’ve been saying.”
Holly Little: “You shouldn’t talk like that. That’s blasphemy.”
23. “Good. Give us a hand. Pick up that arm and find out who it belongs to.” ― Johnny Rico
24. “I think it’s a good day to die, Sir!” ― Sgt. Kirby
25. “The revival of religious worship here, and in the outer colonies, will not be tolerated if it leads to… sedition! Or in any way destabilizes our war effort.” ― Admiral Enolo Phid
Which of these Starship Troopers quotes is your favorite?
We watch as Rico’s military career progresses from recruit to non-commissioned officer. Eventually, he earns the rank of officer, amidst an interstellar war between mankind and an insectoid species, known as Arachnids. The movie is packed with futuristic action, that will keep fans of the genre on the edge of their seats!
There are quite a few interesting facts about this film. The first of which is that there were two nude scenes in the original version. They consisted of a co-ed shower and a bedroom scene with Rico (Casper Van Dien) and Dizzy (Dina Meyer).
The scenes were removed for the broadcast version, but that is not the most notable thing about these particular scenes. Apparently, the actors only agreed to do the shower scene if Verhoeven agreed to direct the scene naked―which he did.
What was your favorite film in the series? Do you have any other Starship Troopers quotes and lines to add? You can let us know in the comment section below.