If you like the saying “Expect the Unexpected”, you’ll love these unexpected quotes.
Unexpected things are just a part of life. One of the only things you can be assured of is that many unexpected things will come your way throughout your life. How you handle these unexpected things will determine who you become as a person.
How do you react to unexpected situations?
Do you become nervous, angry, scared, excited, or do you take anything thrown your way in stride?
At each stage of life you can plan all you want, but learn to expect the unexpected because whether you want it or not, the unexpected will be a part of your life!
Please enjoy the quotes below about the unexpected.
Don’t forget to also check out these leap of faith quotes to inspire you to live the life you want.
Unexpected quotes about overcoming the unknown
1. “Resilience is all about being able to overcome the unexpected. Sustainability is about survival. The goal of resilience is to thrive.” – Jamais Cascio
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of resilience quotes to inspire your next comeback.
2. “Those who don’t know how to suffer are the worst off. There are times when the only correct thing we can do is to bear out troubles until a better day.” – Deng Ming-Dao
3. “A creative train of thought is set off by the unexpected, the unknown, the accidental, the disorderly, the absurd, the impossible.” – Asger Jorn
4. “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” – Moliere
5. “Don’t give up in times of difficulty. Persevere on as there will be an end to these.” – Edward Dunedin
6. “Knowledge is power, and it can help you overcome any fear of the unexpected. When you learn, you gain more awareness through the process, and you know what pitfalls to look for as you get ready to transition to the next level.” – Jay Shetty
7. “Without being pushed to the wall, we will have remained in our comfort zone. But this circumstance challenges us to find the courage to move on.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
8. “The twists and turns of your life can be so unexpected, and that’s a good thing to learn.” – Christina Baker Kline
9. “Sometimes the best things in life are unexpected.” – Faith Sullivan
10. “If you take control of those things you can, you are better able to negotiate the unexpected.” – Judy Sheindlin
11. “Some fish love to swim upstream. Some people love to overcome challenges.” – Amit Ray
12. “You can’t make a recipe for something as complicated as surgery. Instead, you can make a recipe for how to have a team that’s prepared for the unexpected.” – Atul Gawande
13. “People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.” – George Bernard Shaw
14. “Never trust someone that claims they care nothing of what society thinks of them. Instead of conquering obstacles, they simply pretend they don’t exist.” – Tiffany Madison
Unexpected quotes that will inspire you to chase your dreams
15. “If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” – Henry David Thoreau
16. “There are almost unlimited possibilities for making discoveries and to uncover the unknown. It is in the nature of the discovery that it can not be planned or programmed. On the contrary, it consists of surprises and appears many times in the most unexpected places.” – Bengt I. Samuelsson
17. “Take a limitation and turn it into an opportunity. Take an opportunity and turn it into an adventure by dreaming BIG!” – Jo Franz
18. “Always listen to experts. They’ll tell you what can’t be done, and why. Then do it.” – Robert A. Heinlein
19. “You are an artist when you make someone feel something deep and unexpected.” – Amanda Palmer
20. “Well, if it can be thought, it can be done, a problem can be overcome.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
21. “The best solutions are often simple, yet unexpected.” – Julian Casablancas
Doing the unexpected quotes
22. “All creative people want to do the unexpected.” – Hedy Lamarr
23. “We must stop regarding unpleasant or unexpected things as interruptions of real life. The truth is that interruptions are real life.” – C.S. Lewis
24. “Some of us, for better or worse, develop very stable, consistent, and largely predictable machineries of self. But in others, the self machinery is more flexible and more open to unexpected turns.” – Antonio Damasio
25. “Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to take.” – Angela N. Blount
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Elizabeth Warren quotes on capitalism, politics, and more.
What did you learn from these unexpected quotes?
Hopefully, after reading the quotes about the unexpected, you have an appreciation for the unforeseen things in life.
In fact, life would end up boring if nothing unexpected ever happened. If you look back at your life are your favorite experiences and events all expected, or are some unexpected?
The roads of our lives are so twisted back and forth by the unexpected. We don’t have this straight-line path and we are better off for it.
In fact sometimes the unexpected opens you up to new experiences that you are forced to try and often enough you find a new interest that you would have never found if not for the unexpected.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these unexpected quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.