Take a look at these interesting, exciting and hilarious quotes about the Internet!
The Internet, the digital home of planet earth, reminds us of how ideas and technology can create global phenomena.
Roughly 6,500 languages are spoken today on planet earth.
The internet represents the first time in modern history where humankind has had a global language and a platform where every single person can send and receive energy and information.
For those who remember the world before the Internet, things have changed.
For those born into a world with the Internet, the sky is the limit.
Young people across the planet are using the internet as a resource to reshape the reality they live in.
How do you use the internet?
Is it just for communication or entertainment or to complete business?
Have some fun as you check out these quotes about the Internet.
Tell us which was your favorite in the comments.
Don’t forget to also check out these blogger quotes that will motivate you to start that blog.
Internet Quotes on How it Changed Humanity
1. “The Internet gave us access to everything; but it also gave everything access to us.”- James Veitch
2. “You are what you share.” ― Charles Leadbeater, We Think: The Power Of Mass Creativity
3. “It is the greatest truth of our age: Information is not knowledge.” ― Caleb Carr
4. “Access to computers and the Internet has become a basic need for education in our society.”- Kent Conrad
5. “If my generation is remembered for anything, it will be as the last one that remembers the world before the Internet.”- Lev Grossman
6. “A lot of things you want to do as part of daily life can now be done over the Internet.”- Marc Andreessen.
7. “The Internet could be a very positive step towards education, organization and participation in a meaningful society.”- Noam Chomsky
8 . “With the appearance of communications networks and interconnected computers, we got the world wide web, and it changed the lives of most people, I think.”- Marvin Minsky
9.“Don’t you think dreams and the Internet are similar? They are both areas where the repressed conscious mind vents.” ― Yasutaka Tsutsui
10. “Now, with the Internet, you’re either five years ahead or you’re five years behind, and the music game is catchin’ up right now.”- Pitbull
Internet Quotes About its Limitations
11. “Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.”- Neil Gaiman
12. “The ‘Net is a waste of time, and that’s exactly what’s right about it.” ― William Gibson
13. “Any idiot can put up a website.” ― Patricia Briggs
14. “Don’t believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams
15. “I still love books. Nothing a computer can do can compare to a book. You can’t really put a book on the Internet.”- Ray Bradbury
16. “Privacy is not an option, and it shouldn’t be the price we accept for just getting on the Internet.”- Gary Kovacs
17. “Nowadays, anyone who cannot speak English and is incapable of using the Internet is regarded as backward.”- Al-Waleed Bin Talal
18. “I am all for everyone having a voice; I just don’t think everyone has earned the microphone. And that’s what the Internet has done.”- Aaron Sorkin
19. “The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.”- Andrew Brown
20. “Lacking editors, reviewers or critics, the Internet has become a wasteland of unfiltered data.”- Clifford Stoll
21. “The problem with the Internet is that it gives you everything – reliable material and crazy material. So the problem becomes, how do you discriminate?”- Umberto Eco
22. “The Internet can empower groups whose aims are in fact antithetical to democracy.”- Evgeny Morozov
23. “Science fiction does not remain fiction for long. And certainly not on the Internet.”- Vinton Cerf
24. “We refuse to turn off our computers, turn off our phone, log off Facebook, and just sit in silence, because in those moments we might actually have to face up to who we really are.” ― Jefferson Bethke
25. “Doing research on the Web is like using a library assembled piecemeal by pack rats and vandalized nightly. ” ― Roger Ebert
26. “The Internet is a big distraction. It’s distracting, it’s meaningless; it’s not real. It’s in the air somewhere.” ― Ray Bradbury
27. “Social media people, would emotionally blackmail you in doing what they want, not what is right. They will hate you. Label you as an enemy, hater or bad person. if you don’t respond the way they want to or if they can’t manipulate you.” ― De philosopher DJ Kyos
Internet quotes about connection with others
28. “The internet is just a world passing notes around a classroom.”― Jon Stewart
29. “If you’re insulting people on the internet, you must be ugly on the inside.” ― Phil Lester
30. “If you strictly want something not to get on the internet, do not keep it on your phone.” ― Abhijit Naskar
31. “The Internet is not just one thing, it’s a collection of things – of numerous communications networks that all speak the same digital language.”- James H. Clark
32. “I wish I knew how to quit you, Tumblr.” ― John Green
33. “The web is more a social creation than a technical one.”- Tim Berners-Lee
34. “Oh, Wikipedia, with your tension between those who would share knowledge and those who would destroy it.” – John Green
35. “The Internet is like alcohol in some sense. It accentuates what you would do anyway. If you want to be a loner, you can be more alone. If you want to connect, it makes it easier to connect.” ― Esther Dyson
36. “Arguing that you don’t care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don’t care about free speech because you have nothing to say.” – Edward Snowden
37. “If television’s a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won’t shut up.”― Dorothy Gambrell
38. “What organized dating sites fail to understand is that the people are far more interested in what they don’t say about themselves.” ― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
39. “I’m on the Internet. I stay informed. They let old people on the Internet, you know.” ― Stephen Emond
40. “That would make my job much easier. Unfortunately, the internet is like an elephant: it doesn’t forget.” ― Leila Sales
More internet quotes about its power
41. “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant.”- Mitch Kapor
42. “The internet: always proving that you’re not quite as special as you suspected.” ― Robin Sloan
43. “Just move to the Internet, it’s great here. We get to live inside where the weather is always awesome.” ― John Green
44. I guess the Internet and the power of people finding things out for themselves is great.” –Butch Walker
45. “The Web does not just connect machines, it connects people.”- Tim Berners-Lee
46. “The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn’t understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.”- Eric Schmidt
47. “The Internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it.”- John Perry Barlow
48. “Information flow is what the Internet is about. Information sharing is power.”- Vinton Cerf
49. “The Internet is the most effective instrument we have for globalization.”- Milton Friedman
50. “One of the Internet’s strengths is its ability to help consumers find the right needle in a digital haystack of data.”- Jared Sandberg
Internet Quotes To Enlighten You
51. “The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.” — Bill Gates
52. “You know, the Internet’s made us more aware of what people think about us.” — Robert Smith
53. “The Internet is used as not just a tool anymore but as part of our daily makeup. Almost like oxygen.” — Torron-Lee Dewar
54. “The Internet is a giant international network of intelligent, informed computer enthusiasts, by which I mean, people without lives.” — Dave Barry
55. “Internet has made the world a small town again.” — Ana White
56. “People live too much of their lives on email or the Internet or text messages these days. We’re losing all of our communication skills.” — Tracy Morgan
57. “Without the global reach and open technical standards of the Internet, the Web could never have proliferated as it did.” — Katie Hafner
58. “People who have so much of their personality invested in the Internet can’t really survive as whole individuals without it.” — Mark A. Rayner
59. “By placing intelligence at the edges rather than control in the middle of the network, the Internet has created a platform for innovation.” — Vinton Cerf
60. “There was a time when people felt the internet was another world, but now people realise it’s a tool that we use in this world.” — Tim Berners-Lee
What did you learn from these internet quotes?
As we enter 2022, it is almost unimaginable to think of a world without the Internet.
Many argue that it is a human right for all members of the earth to have access to the internet.
We live in a globalized world where the Internet is built into the daily lives of many people.
How do we consider maintaining that balance with people and cultures whose reality is not heavily shaped by the Internet?
Today it connects computers and businesses, people, government schemes, lives, and stories worldwide.
It is interesting to think about how only four decades ago, the idea of the internet was not something the average person could even conceive.
It is exciting to think about where humanity will be four decades into the future from now.
What will our internet look like then?
Just how far can our creativity go?
How much more will we have integrated and streamlined its potential?
Only time will tell.
Use the comment section below to share with us your opinions and any other favorite internet quotes and sayings you might have.