These green quotes will make you appreciate the color of environmental loveliness.
The color green often reminds people of powerful trees, soft grass, rolling ocean waves, and other aspects of nature. This beautiful hue is very pleasing to the eye.
What kind of emotions do you feel when you envision the color green?
Many people around the world agree that green is their favorite color. Read this collection of aesthetic quotes about the color green for artistic and environmental inspiration.
Whether your favorite color is a pastel green or a dark emerald hue, this list of green sayings will delight you. These incredible quotes perfectly describe what attracts people to the gorgeous shades of nature.
Different colors have the ability to profoundly impact your moods and desires. Share these green quotes with your friends and family to inspire a newfound love within them for this special color.
Don’t forget to also check out these nature quotes about reconnecting with mother earth.
Green Quotes About the Color of Nature
1. “Nature’s first green is gold.” – Robert Frost
2. “Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.” – Pedro Calderon de la Barca
3. “The future will either be green or not at all.” – Bob Brown
4. “As long as you’re green, you’re growing. As soon as you’re ripe, you start to rot.” – Ray Kroc
5. “Nature in her green, tranquil woods heals and soothes all afflictions.” – John Muir
6. “When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy, And the dimpling stream runs laughing by; When the air does laugh with our merry wit, And the green hill laughs with the noise of it.” – William Blake
7. “For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
8. “The garden of love is green without limit and yields many fruits other than sorrow or joy. Love is beyond either condition: without spring, without autumn, it is always fresh.” – Rumi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of spring quotes celebrating life, love and change.
9. “For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.” – Martin Luther
10. “It’s been proven by quite a few studies that plants are good for our psychological development. If you green an area, the rate of crime goes down. Torture victims begin to recover when they spend time outside in a garden with flowers. So we need them, in some deep psychological sense, which I don’t suppose anybody really understands yet.” – Jane Goodall
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspiring Jane Goodall quotes about the environment.
Green quotes that explore the meaning behind the color
11. “Green is the fresh emblem of well-founded hopes. In blue the spirit can wander, but in green, it can rest.” – Mary Webb
12. “They say it’s better to bury your sadness in a graveyard or garden that waits for the spring to wake from its sleep and burst into green.” – Conor Oberst
13. “My favorite color is jungle green. At least, that’s what it said on the side of my favorite crayon in first grade. I don’t know if it’s an official color.” – Mike Posner
14. “Being green and clean is not just an aspiration but an action.” – Christine Pelosi
15. “I had to live in the desert before I could understand the full value of grass in a green ditch.” – Ella Maillart
16. “The pine stays green in winter… wisdom in hardship.” – Norman Douglas
17. “An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while a pessimist sees only the red stoplight… the truly wise person is colorblind.” – Albert Schweitzer
18. “The work an unknown good man has done is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground green.” – Thomas Carlyle
19. “If your knees aren’t green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.” – Bill Watterson
20. “Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart.” – Russell Page
Green quotes to appreciate the color of environmental loveliness
21. “Learn of the green world what can be thy place in scaled invention or true artistry.” – Ezra Pound
22. “Green was the silence, wet was the light, the month of June trembled like a butterfly.” – Pablo Neruda
23. “I just need green. I need to wake up and see grass and squirrels. I don’t want to see skyscrapers.” – Andre Leon Talley
24. “Green makes me think of silence, or maybe it’s loneliness. I get the feeling of a terribly distant star.” – Kobo Abe
25. “Life is a green madness just now, trying to squeeze the last bit of warmth from the season.” – Vernor Vinge
26. “Green calm below, blue quietness above.” – John Greenleaf Whittier
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of blue quotes about the power of colors.
27. “A man who contemplates revenge keeps his wounds green.” – Francis Bacon
28. “Green in nature is one thing, green in literature another. Nature and letters seem to have a natural antipathy bring them together and they tear each other to pieces.” – Virginia Woolf
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Virginia Woolf quotes that will help you understand life itself.
29. “Our green valleys will be greener once we fully grasp the infinite vitality of the green!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
30. “Going green doesn’t start with doing green acts, it starts with a shift in consciousness.” – Ian Somerhalden
Green quotes that will make your day
31. “Children go with whatever makes them feel good – like if that’s the color green or orange, they do that with their clothes. As I’ve grown older, everything reversed. My music, my personality – onstage those things became my colors.” – Janelle Monae
32. “The roof of my house is covered in solar panels. When I’m home, I’m a pretty green fellow.” – Bill McKibben
33. “Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps the singing bird will come.” – Lois Lowry
34. “Stay green, stay in the woods, and stay safe.” – Karl Pilkington
35. “Green does not have to mean the sort of hair-shirt, wood-burning-stove sensibility of the ’70s. Green can and should be sleek and modern.” – Graydon Carter
36. “The green revolution has an entirely different meaning to most people in the affluent nations of the privileged world than to those in the developing nations of the forgotten world.” – Norman Borlaug
37. “Beauty, strength, and youth are flowers but fading; Duty, faith, and love are roots and ever green.” – George Peele
38. “I am in love with this green Earth.” – Charles Lamb
39. “With the gun you can make the earth red but if you have a plough you can make the earth green.” – Narendra Modi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Earth Day quotes that inspire an eco-friendly lifestyle.
40. “By the way, most of the light that comes from the sun is green.” – Bill Nye
Other beautiful green quotes
41. “In coastal waters rich in runoff, plankton can swarm densely, a million in a drop of water. They color the sea brown and green where deltas form from big rivers, or cities dump their sewage. Tiny yet hugely important, plankton govern how well the sea harvests the sun’s bounty, and so are the foundation of the ocean’s food chain.” – Gregory Benford
42. “Even in winter it shall be green in my heart.” – Frederic Chopin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of winter quotes celebrating the changes of the season.
43. “When I was 12 I was obsessed with green and had my mom get me a bunch of green bedding for my room.” – Doja Cat
44. “Green is a process, not a status. We need to think of ‘green’ as a verb, not an adjective.” – Daniel Goleman
45. “It’s good to touch the green, green grass of home.” – Tom Jones
46. “Every green natural place we save saves a fragment of our sanity and gives us a little more hope that we have a future.” – Wallace Stegner
47. “Keep the corners of your mouth turned up. Speak in a low, persuasive tone. Listen; be teachable. Laugh at good stories and learn to tell them…For as long as you are green, you can grow.” – Mother Teresa
48. “Green strongly influences the heart and helps alleviate tension. Positive qualities associated with green are generosity, humility, and cooperation. Foods of the green vibration are all green fruits and green vegetables.” – Tae Yun Kim
49. “The future is green energy, sustainability, renewable energy.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
50. “Green is a label for a certain attitude to life, a certain kind of respect that one might have for the very source of things that we take for granted.” – Annie Lennox
More green quotes about the color
51. “Dark green is my favorite color. It’s the color of nature and the color of money and the color of moss!” – Leonardo DiCaprio
52. “Absolute green is the most restful color, lacking any undertone of joy, grief, or passion. On exhausted men, this restfulness has a beneficial effect, but after a time it becomes tedious. ” – Wassily Kandinsky
53. “Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches.” – Federico García Lorca
54. “The greenery, the scenery- it’s got a lot of trees, birds.” – Barbara Rodriquez
55. “It seems very safe to me to be surrounded by green growing things and water.” – Barbara Kingsolver
56. “Green has always been my mom’s favorite color. My father, aunt and I have gotten her jade, emerald, and peridot pieces over the years, and we always seem to be on the lookout.” – Erika Christensen
57. “Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.” – Noam Chomsky
58. “A meter of green is greener than a centimeter.” – Paul Gauguin
59. “In the hierarchy of colors, green represents the social middle class, self-satisfied, immovable, narrow.” – Wassily Kandinsky
60. “When you’re green, your growing. When you’re ripe, you rot.” – Ray Kroc
Remember to also read these John Muir quotes that will expand your mind.
Green quotes to refresh your day
61. “Green is a soothing color, isn’t it? I mean Gryffindor rooms are all well and good but the trouble with red is — it is said to send you a little mad — not that I’m casting aspersions . . .” ― Jack Thorne
62. “We sat in silence, letting the green in the air heal what it could.” ― Erica Bauermeister
63. “And the needles of the pine trees, freshly washed to a deep, rich green, shimmered with droplets that blinked like clear crystals.” ― Billie Letts
64. “She turned back to inspect a bank of greens: olive, jade, leaf, kiwi, lime, a silver-green like the back of birch leaves, a bright pistachio.” ― Anne Bartlett
65. “The green earth is a symbol of hope. Walk on it like you are going somewhere, even when you are going nowhere.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
66. “How do you know if it is spirit or nature who answers? Maybe there is no difference at all. Maybe grace is green.” ― Pam Grossman
67. “Her green mind made the world around her green.” ― Wallace Stevens
68. “I can breathe where there is green. Green grows hope. It keeps my heart beating and helps me remember who I am.” ― Courtney M. Privett
69. “Light is found on the green.” ― J.R. Rim
70. “It doesn’t matter what my eyes have seen,
For the better out of the blue comes green.”
― Ana Claudia Antunes
Green quotes relating to life and nature
71. “My father pointed to the moon and asked me what color it was. I couldn’t tell. So he told me to look at the horizon and then glance back quickly at the moon. Then I saw it: it was pale green.” -Alden Baker
72. “He had that curious love of green, which in individuals is always the sign of a subtle artistic temperament, and in nations is said to denote a laxity, if not a decadence of morals.” -Oscar Wilde
73. “The artist who pictures sounds as colors, who feels the difference in microns between one sea green and another… is not attending to what the world considers important.” -Eric Maisel
74. “Green represents the dead image of life.” -Rudolf Steiner
75. “It’s not easy being green” -Kermit the Frog
Green Quotes To Remind Us About Nature’s Beauty
76. “I will be Green until the day I die, if not for a long time after.” — Bob Brown
77. “The prime of life is that fleeting time between green and over-ripe.” — Cullen Hightower
78. “I long for the countryside. That’s where I get my calm and tranquillity – from being able to come and find a spot of green.” — Emilia Clarke
79. “You are either green and growing, or ripe and rotting.” — Frosty Westering
80. “For the forest to be green, each tree must be green.” — George Harrison
81. “The prime of life is that fleeting time between green and over-rip.” — Cullen Hightower
82. “You could cover the whole earth with asphalt, but sooner or later green grass would break through.” — Ilya Ehrenburg
83. “All life on earth emanates from the green of the plant.” — Jay Kordich
84. “Green grass grows where dry desert ends.” — Og Mandino
85. “I now know all shades of the color green, having spent 90 days staring at that green screen. I’ll never forget that color, as long as I live.” — Rob Letterman
Green Quotes About an Eco-Friendly Lifestyle
86. “We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.” – Native American Proverb
87. “The Earth is what we all have in common.”—Wendell Berry
88. “The environment is no one’s property to destroy; it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect.” – Mohith Agadi
89. “He that plants trees loves others besides himself.”—Thomas Fuller
90. “If we want to move towards a low-polluting, sustainable society, we need to get consumers to think about their purchases.” – David Suzuki
91. “One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.”—Leo Tolstoy
92. “We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.” – Barack Obama
93. “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.”—John Ruskin
94. “What’s the use of a fine house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on.” – Henry David Thoreau
95. “We can never have enough of Nature.” – Henry David Thoreau
Which of these green quotes inspires you the most to live a colorful life?
The color green is perfect to use in fashion, architecture, landscaping, and other designs. For many people, shades of green remind them of nature and environmentalism.
Living green is a whole lifestyle. Read these green sayings and colorful quotes if you want to gain a deeper understanding of what this color represents.
Have you been seeking artistic inspiration or encouragement to live a greener life? Check out this collection of amazing quotes that explore the meaning behind the color green.
You’ll love these beautiful sayings and clever phrases even if green is not your favorite color.
What are your favorite green quotes and sayings about colors and environmentalism? Let us know in the comment section below.