I’ve curated some of the most famous and amazing travel quotes of all time to inspire you to book your tickets and get ready with your backpacks for a new adventure.
Find and share some amazing, funny quotes on traveling with pictures, images, and wallpapers for you to share with friends and family.
Also See: Road Quotes
Travel quotes have the power to inspire us to explore new places, experience new cultures, and create unforgettable memories.
They remind us that there is a big, wide world out there waiting to be discovered and that the journey is just as important as the destination.
These and other quotes highlight the refreshing power of travel. Whether you’re seeking adventure, relaxation, or personal growth, traveling can offer it all.
So pack your bags, step out of your comfort zone, and embark on a journey of self-discovery.
Top 1o Travel Quotes To Inspire Adventure
- “The journey, not the arrival matters.” – T. S. Eliot
- “To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Anderson
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R Tolkien
- “I love to travel, but hate to arrive.” – Albert Einstein
- “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca
- “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
- “Travel makes a wise man better but a fool worse.” – Thomas Fuller
- “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
- “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
Best Quotes About Traveling
Whether we’re setting out on a long journey or simply exploring our own backyard, travel quotes encourage us to embrace the unknown and live our lives to the fullest.
These short traveling quotes will fuel your wanderlust and inspire you to plan your next vacation to a cruise, beach, or mountains to take a break and relax from all the stress of life.
- “Travel is recess and we need it.” – Rick Steves
- “Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “You don’t have to be rich to travel well.” – Eugene Fodor
- “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen Covey
- “Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
- “Take only memories, leave nothing but footprints.” – Chief Seattle
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Unknown
- “Experience, travel – these are as education in themselves.” – Euripides
- “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” – Roy M. Goodman
- “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” – Trenton Lee Stewart
- “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain
Famous Quotes About Travel
Travel quotes come from a diverse range of people, from famous writers and philosophers to adventurers and everyday travelers.
Some speak to the wonder of seeing new sights, while others focus on the transformative power of travel on the soul.
Travel quotes can motivate us to step out of our comfort zones and seek new experiences.
- “Jet lag is for amateurs.” – Dick Clark
- “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
- “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
- “You can’t have a narrow mind and a thick passport.” – Pauline Frommer
- “With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.” – Sandra Lake
- “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled.” – Mohammed
- “Still round the corner, there may wait, a new road or a secret gate.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
- “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
- “Nothing lasts forever, except the day before you start your vacation.” – Gayland Anderson
- “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “The traveller sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “It doesn’t matter where you are. You are nowhere compared to where you can go.” – Bob Proctor
- “You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you.” – Unknown
- “There are some places in life where you can only go alone. Embrace the beauty of your solo journey.” – Mandy Hale
- “Our footprints always follow us on days when it’s been snowing. They always show us where we’ve been, but never where we’re going.” – Winnie the Pooh
Inspirational Travel Quotes
Traveling is a way of discovering new places, cultures, and experiences. It can broaden your horizons and provide you with a fresh perspective on life.
The excitement of exploring unknown territories, trying new foods, and meeting different people can make traveling one of the most fulfilling activities a person can engage in.
- “Fall in love with the journey, not the destination.” – Unknown
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
- “A wise traveler never despises his own country.” – Carlo Goldoni
- “When the traveler goes alone he gets acquainted with himself.” – Unknown
- “I am a girl gone international because…. I love traveling alone.” – Unknown
- “It’s okay if you’ve got to travel alone sometimes. You are brave enough.” – Unknown
- “When the traveler goes alone he gets acquainted with himself.” – Liberty Hyde Bailey
- “Travel only with thy equals or thy betters; if there are none, travel alone.” – The Dhammapada
- “I wondered why it was that places are so much lovelier when one is alone.” – Daphne du Maurier
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
- “There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it.” – Charles Dudley Warner
- “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
- “Too often travel, instead of broadening the mind, merely lengthens the conversation.” – Elizabeth Drew
- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
Travel Quotes To Inspire Your Next Trip
- “Time is short. Take time to travel.” – Unknown
- “Measure life by countries, not years.” – Unknown
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart!” – Confucius
- “Travel brings power and love back to your life.” – Rumi
- “Traveling alone is the single best gift you can give yourself.” – Unknown
- “He who would travel happily must travel light.” – Antoine de St. Exupery
- “Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” – Unknown
- “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it is lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
- “I won’t stop traveling until I’ve seen the sunset from every coast.” – Unknown
- “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
- “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
- “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
- “The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
- “Fill your life with experiences not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.” – Cara Alwill Leyba
- “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ― H. Jackson Brown Jr., P.S. I Love You
Best Quotes On Travelling
Throughout history, travelers have recorded their journeys in various forms, from journal entries to novels, poems, and songs.
Many of these writings contain insightful and inspiring quotes about the joys and benefits of traveling.
- “Travel is my therapy.” – Unknown
- “Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.” – Paul Theroux
- “Travel expands the mind and fills the gap.” – Sheda Savage
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
- “Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions.” – Peter Hoeg
- “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
- “Sometimes the greatest adventure is simply a conversation.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes you just need an adventure to cleanse the bitter taste of life from your soul.” – Unknown
- “It’s wonderful to travel with somebody that you love and we never travel anywhere without one another.” – Roger Moore
- “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference.” – Robert Frost
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.” – Mark Twain
- “Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard
- “I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on earth. Then I ask myself the same question.” – Harun Yahya
Short Travelling Captions For Instagram
Looking for the perfect captions for your vacation selfies? I have got the best collection of cool and savage travel captions and sayings that will get tonnes of likes to your photos on IG and Facebook.
You can also use these short traveling quotes as your status to let the world know about your trip and adventure!
- I want to travel.
- Take me with you.
- I need Vitamin SEA.
- Find joy in the journey.
- Why not…travel alone?
- Life is better in flip-flops.
- I want to travel the world.
- Work, Travel, Save, Repeat.
- Collect moments, not things.
- There’s a whole world out there.
- Travel is the healthiest addiction.
- Life is short and the world is wide.
- Travel is the best teacher.
- Travel is an investment in yourself.
- To travel is to take a journey into yourself.
- My passport is SCREAMING to be stamped.
- My goal is to run out of pages in my passport.
- Travel. Your money will return. Your time won’t.
- Let’s travel together and get lost in beautiful places.
- Spin the globe, wherever it lands that’s where we’ll go.
- Travel is the only thing you buy, that makes you richer.
- We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.
- Travel alone and see things from a different point of view.
- Can we just skip to the part of my life where I travel the world?
- It doesn’t matter where you’re going. It’s who you have beside you.
- Traveling is about finding those things you never knew you were looking for.
Funny Travel Quotes
- “Oh the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Don’t call it a dream…call it a plan.” – Unknown
- “Love is the food of life, travel is dessert.” – Unknown
- “It feels good to be lost in the right direction.” – Unknown
- “A change of latitude would help my attitude.” – Unknown
- “A great way to learn about your country is to leave it.” – Henry Rollins
- “I want to live in a world where searching for plane tickets burns calories.” – Unknown
- “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
- “I travel not to cross countries off a list, but to ignite passionate affairs with destinations.” – Nyssa P. Chopra
- “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.” – Susan Heller
More Inspirational Quotes
Unplanned Trip Quotes
New Journey Quotes
Crossing Paths Quotes
Weekend Getaway Quotes
In a world that can often feel chaotic and overwhelming, quotes about traveling offer a much-needed sense of perspective and hope with a breath of fresh air.
They remind us that there is more to life than our daily routines and responsibilities and that the world is waiting to be discovered.
Which is your favorite travel quote? If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.