I’ve rounded up the best collection of Coco Chanel quotes, sayings, and captions about life, fashion, style, and success that will inspire you to fight for your dreams and achieve anything that you set your mind to.
Gabrielle Bonheur “Coco” Chanel was a French fashion designer and businesswoman who revolutionized the fashion industry in the early 20th century. She is best known for her trademark suits, iconic designs, and little black dresses.
Also Check: Best Makeup Quotes
Her designs focused on simplicity and practicality, often utilizing materials like jerseys that had previously been considered too casual for high fashion. This approach quickly gained a following and Chanel became a sought-after designer.
Throughout her career, Chanel continued to innovate and push boundaries in the fashion industry. She designed the first women’s suit with trousers, popularized the use of costume jewelry, and created the iconic Chanel No. 5 perfume.
Chanel is an iconic figure in fashion, beauty, and style.
Her name has become synonymous with luxury and elegance, thanks to her timeless designs and signature perfumes.
She revolutionized women’s clothing by introducing simple, elegant designs that were both comfortable and stylish.
Also Check: Classy Women Quotes
Her success was not only due to her innovative designs but also to her unique vision of how women should dress – with class, sophistication, and grace.
Her innovative designs and ideas continue to influence fashion to this day. In addition to her fashion creations, Chanel was also known for her sharp wit and wisdom.
Chanel once said, “Fashion fades, only style remains the same.” Her enduring imprint on the fashion world is proof that her own style and grace will always be in vogue.
Her designs remain timeless and inspire designers today. These inspirational Coco Chanel quotes and sayings will motivate you to go all out to achieve your goals and dreams.
Top 10 Coco Chanel Quotes
- “A woman has the age she deserves.” – Coco Chanel
- “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.” – Coco Chanel
- “Luxury must be comfortable. Otherwise, it is not luxury.” – Coco Chanel
- “Elegance is when the inside is as beautiful as the outside.” – Coco Chanel
- “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
- “There are people who have money and people who are rich.” – Coco Chanel
- “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
- “Fashion fades, only style remains the same.” – Coco Chanel
- “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” ― Coco Chanel
- “Youth is something very new: twenty years ago no one mentioned it.” – Coco Chanel
- “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” – Coco Chanel
- “If you were born without wings, do nothing to prevent them from growing.” – Coco Chanel
Famous Quotes By Coco Chanel
Coco Chanel was a prolific fashion designer who served as a pioneer for women. Her timeless designs and iconic style have made her one of the most influential figures in modern fashion.
As a legendary fashion creator, she extended her influence beyond couture clothing, realizing her aesthetic design in handbags, jewelry, and fragrance.
Also See: Versace Quotes
Chanel is the only fashion designer listed on Time magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people of the 20th century.
She was an advocate for women’s rights and used her platform to empower women everywhere. Chanel’s success was unparalleled in her time and she remains an inspiration to us all today.
- “It’s not fashion if no one has seen it.” – Coco Chanel
- “A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.” – Coco Chanel
- “Be who you are, not who the world wants you to be.” – Coco Chanel
- “The right ingredients can create a legend.” – Coco Chanel
- “I do not believe in the copy, I believe in the imitation.” – Coco Chanel
- “Women have always been the strong ones of the world.” – Coco Chanel
- “How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.” – Coco Chanel
- “Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.” – Coco Chanel
- “I don’t know why women want any of the things men have when one of the things that women have is men.” – Coco Chanel
- “There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time.” – Coco Chanel
- “It’s not the appearance, it’s the essence. It’s not the money, it’s the education. It’s not the clothes, it’s the class.”” – Coco Chanel
- “Fashion is going forward, not backwards. We don’t move back, We don’t “sugar up” things. We have to live with our own time.” – Coco Chanel
Coco Chanel Quotes On Beauty, Style & Fashion
Coco Chanel is a fashion icon who has inspired generations of women with her timeless style and beauty. Her philosophy on fashion, style, and beauty has been the foundation for modern-day trends and continues to influence the fashion industry today.
Her words of wisdom have been quoted by many, and her advice on how to dress for success has been followed by many more. Coco Chanel’s legacy will live on in the hearts of those who appreciate her timeless aesthetic and classic style.
- “Elegance is refusal.” – Coco Chanel
- “I don’t do fashion. I am fashion.” – Coco Chanel
- “Fashion changes, but style endures.” – Coco Chanel
- “A woman with good shoes is never ugly.” – Coco Chanel
- “If you’re sad, add more lipstick and attack.” – Coco Chanel
- “Fashion is made to become unfashionable.” – Coco Chanel
- “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” – Coco Chanel
- “Elegance does not consist in putting on a new dress.” – Coco Chanel
- “A woman can be overdressed but never over elegant.” – Coco Chanel
- “A fashion that does not reach the streets is not a fashion.” – Coco Chanel
- “Dress like you are going to meet your worst enemy today.” – Coco Chanel
- “The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.” – Coco Chanel
- “Look for the woman in the dress. If there is no woman, there is no dress.” – Coco Chanel
- “Men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness.” – Coco Chanel
- “Adornment, what a science! Beauty, what a weapon! Modesty, what elegance!” – Coco Chanel
- “Fashion has two purposes: comfort and love. Beauty comes when fashion succeeds.” – Coco Chanel
- “You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.” – Coco Chanel
- “Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.” – Coco Chanel
- “I don’t know why women want any of the things men have when one of the things that women have is men.” – Coco Chanel
- “Fashion is not simply a matter of clothes. Fashion is in the air, born upon the wind. One intuits it. It is in the sky and on the road.” – Coco Chanel
- “Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future!” – Coco Chanel
- “I wanted to give a woman comfortable clothes that would flow with her body. A woman is closest to being naked when she is well-dressed.” – Coco Chanel
- “Women think of all colors except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all. White too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony.” – Coco Chanel
- “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” – Coco Chanel
Best Chanel Quotes On Love & Life
Chanel believed that fashion was not just about clothing, but about the way a woman carried herself. She believed that a woman who was confident and well-dressed would leave a lasting impression.
Also See: Marilyn Monroe Quotes
Chanel’s quotes continue to inspire people today, not only in the fashion industry but also in life. Her philosophy of elegance, simplicity, and individuality remains relevant and timeless.
- “My life didn’t please me, so I created my life.” – Coco Chanel
- “It is always better to be slightly underdressed.” – Coco Chanel
- “You live but once; you might as well be amusing.” – Coco Chanel
- “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
- “Only those with no memory insist on their originality.” – Coco Chanel
- “A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.” – Coco Chanel
- “Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity.” – Coco Chanel
- “Since everything is in our heads, we had better not lose them.” – Coco Chanel
- “As long as you know men are like children, you know everything!” – Coco Chanel
- “The best things in life are free. The second best are very, very expensive.” – Coco Chanel
- “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
- “Gentleness doesn’t get work done unless you happen to be a hen laying eggs.” – Coco Chanel
- “I only drink Champagne on two occasions, when I am in love and when I am not.” – Coco Chanel
- “Where should one use perfume? A young woman asked. Wherever one wants to be kissed.” – Coco Chanel
- “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.” – Coco Chanel
Inspiring Coco Chanel Quotes
- “To achieve great things, you must first dream.” – Coco Chanel
- “Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions.” – Coco Chanel
- “A woman does not become interesting until she is over 40.” – Coco Chanel
- “I don’t care what you think of me. I don’t think of you at all.” – Coco Chanel
- “Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.” – Coco Chanel
- “In fashion, you know you have succeeded when there is an element of upset.” – Coco Chanel
- “If a man talks bad about all women, it usually means he was burned by one woman.” – Coco Chanel
- “We need dresses that crawl and dresses that fly. Fashion is at once a caterpillar and a butterfly; caterpillar by day, butterfly by night.” – Coco Chanel
- “I am not young but I feel young. The day I feel old, I will go to bed and stay there. J’aime la vie! I feel that to live is a wonderful thing.” – Coco Chanel
- “I don’t understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little—if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that’s the day she has a date with destiny. And it’s best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.” – Coco Chanel
More About The Life Of Coco Chanel: An Iconic Fashion Legend
Coco Chanel is one of the most iconic fashion designers of all time. She is best known for her little black dress and her Chanel No. 5 perfume. Throughout her life, she was a major force in the fashion industry, both as a designer and as a businesswoman.
Coco Chanel’s legacy lives on today through her iconic brand which continues to produce luxurious clothing, jewelry, and accessories that embody the same sense of simplicity, elegance, and success that she embodied in her life.
In the 1920s, she introduced the Chanel suit, which featured a jacket with a collarless cardigan. She also created the Chanel bag, which became known as the 2.55 after its release in February 1955.
She had a long-standing relationship with the Duke of Westminster, and spent much of her time in the English countryside during World War II.
Chanel passed away in 1971, but her legacy lives on through her fashion brand, which continues to thrive to this day.
She is remembered as a trailblazer who broke through barriers in the fashion industry, paving the way for future generations of designers to follow in her footsteps.
If you like these encouraging words of wisdom and fashion quotes by Coco Chanel then check out our collection of being beautiful quotes and beauty quotes to appreciate the inner beauty of mind, body, and soul.
Which is your favorite Coco Chanel quote? If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.
If you think you can relate to these insightful and uplifting quotes feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.